These soft, yielding cookies have a double dose of chocolate. They're the perfect foil for rich, gooey peanut butter ice cream. Prep and Cook Time: about 40 minutes, plus about 10 minutes of chilling time. The recipe for the ice cream is posted separately.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml packed light brown sugar
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml flour
- 78.07 ml unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- vegetable oil, for your hands
- 1 batch salted caramel peanut-butter ice cream, softened slightly
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugars together in a medium bowl with a hand or stand mixer on high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on medium speed, add dry ingredients to creamed mixture in 2 batches, beating 15 to 20 seconds after each batch to incorporate and scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- 3Lightly oil your hands and use them to roll dough into 16 walnut-size balls. Evenly space the balls on 2 parchment-lined cookie sheets and, using your palms, press each ball into a 2-in. disk.
- 4Bake cookies until they have spread out and are cooked but still soft, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.
- 5To make ice cream sandwiches, spoon 1/4 cup ice cream onto flat side of 8 cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat side down, pressing lightly. Chill sandwiches in freezer about 10 minutes, just long enough to chill ice cream but not enough to harden cookies. Eat immediately.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g