1/2 Photos of Peanut Butter-Chocolate Freezer Pie
I made this recently it is *SOOOOOOO* good, it's like a frozen Reese's peanut butter cup :) If you are a lover of peanut butter and chocolate you will love this! it has a chocolate layer spread over the crust, then a creamy peanut butter/cream cheese middle, then topped off with chocolate drizzle, you could double the amount for the chocolate topping which I did do but found that it was too much for my liking, if you like lots of topping then go ahead and double, remove this pie from the freezer about 15 minutes before slicing, I think this pie could also be served from the refrigerator and not frozen ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookie crumbs (about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter or 1/2 cup margarine
CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream, unwhipped, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla (yes tablesppoons!)
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (you could use a few tablespoons more)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stick margarine
- 1Prepare a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2For the crust; in a bowl mix the crushed cookies with 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- 3Press into bottom and up sides of the pie plate.
- 4Place in the refrigerator or freezer while making the remainder of the pie.
- 5For the filling; in saucepan heat 3/4 cup whipping cream just to boiling; remove from heat and stir in 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips until smooth, then mix in the chopped peanuts (if using).
- 6Spread the mixture on top of the chilled pie crust spreading out to coat evenly; place in the freezer.
- 7In a bowl beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff adding in vanilla a little at a time while beating; set aside.
- 8In another bowl beat the cream cheese with 2 tablespoons sugar for about 3-4 minutes (the sugar must be completely dissolved) then beat in peanut butter until combined.
- 9Fold in the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until combined (this might take a few minutes).
- 10Spread the mixture on top of the chocolate layer in the crust.
- 11Place in the freezer until firm.
- 12For the topping in a microwave-safe bowl melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips with margarine on HIGH until the chocolate is melted; remove and stir until combined and smooth.
- 13Immediately drizzle over the top of the frozen pie and place back in the freezer.
- 14If you are storing this pie more than 24 hours cover tightly with foil.
- 15Remove the pie from the freezer about 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Freezer Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.9
- Calories from Fat 753
- Total Fat 83.7 g
- Saturated Fat 41.6 g
- Cholesterol 151.3 mg
- Sodium 413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Oreo cookie crumbs