Recipe by Laka
Light and fluffy muffins are full of delicious peanut butter and dark chocolate flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 160 g creamy peanut butter
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 130 g dark chocolate, drops (or chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar until smooth and well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add the milk and stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined - do not over mix. Mix in the chocolate drops.
- Spoon the batter into the into the greased or lined with muffin paper liners muffin tins, filling them evenly. Sprinkle the tops with some chocolate drops.
- Bake the muffins at 220ᵒC for 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 190ᵒC and bake for additional 12 - 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes. Take out of the tins and allow to cool completely.