Recipe by Crunchycookie23
A peanut butter cup in a cupcake, only better! You won't be able to get enough of these! Easy and delicious, perfect for all you peanut butter lovers!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 -4 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thin).
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop scant tablespoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.