Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are Great!! We found them in the "Taste of Home crazy for cupcakes". The recipe is for jumbo cakes, but we don't have a jumbo pan. I ended with almost 2 dozen cakes. Everyone liked the smaller ones, some thought jumbo cakes would have been to much.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and milk until smooth; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, water, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be thin).
- Fill paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop scant tablespoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into center of each; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients; frost cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield One dozen Jumbo cupcakes.