Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have been using this recipe for years. My kids requested it for a snack after school. This recipe comes from Susan Mendelson, who owns/operates the Lazy Gourmet in Vancouver
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine the sugars in a large saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix in the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the rice crisp cereal and peanuts. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into a prepared 8x8-inch square pan. Pat down into pan. Cool and cut into bars or squares.
Made this recipe as given & we thoroughly enjoyed the combo of peanuts & chocolate in these little treats! I did cut them a bit smaller, & had 16 squares, but I'm sure that didn't cut back on the time needed to devour them all! Definitely a very nicely dressed up crispy bar! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]