Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a definite must-try if you are a peanut butter and chocolate lover. Although I have not tried it, I am guessing that these bars can be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan also. This is a great dessert! Plan ahead, this needs to stay in the refrigerator for 6 or more hours, overnight is even better.
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs or 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips, melted (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- For the crust: combine all crust ingredients; mix well until moistened.
- Pat into bottom of prepared baking dish; set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and 2/3 cup brown sugar; beat until smooth.
- Add in eggs; beat for another 2 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter, flour and vanilla; beat 2 more minutes.
- Pour all but about 1/2 cup of batter into the prepared crust in baking dish.
- Combine the melted chocolate chips with the remaining batter, and pour over the mixture in pan.
- Gently swirl the chocolate mixture with a dinner knife to create a swirling pattern (without disturbing the crust).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until set.
- Remove and cool to room temperature,.
- Chill in refrigerator for 6 or more hours (overnight is better!).
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts and a dollop of whipped cream when serving.
- Store any leftovers, covered in the refrigerator.