Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I don't know if this recipe exists, but I tried searching for peanut butter and chocolate covered strawberries with no luck. So, I made one up and it turned out perfectly. However if anybody ends up playing around with this recipe and finds something that works better let me know...I'm always up for suggestions :)
- 2 lbs strawberries
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 1 bar paraffin wax
- First make sure strawberries are really cool. I recommend even putting them in the freezer 10-15 minutes before you start. This just helps harden the coating faster.
- In a saucepan melt the peanut butter and 1/2 of the bar of canning wax until the peanut butter is all melted into the wax.
- Coat each strawberry in the peanut butter dip and lay on a baking sheet covered in wax paper. After all of the berries are covered put back in the freezer.
- Next in another saucepan melt the rest of the wax with the chocolate chips.
- Take strawberries out of freezer and then repeat step 3 with the chocolate coating.
- After you coat them again put them back in the freezer for another 15 minutes and then after that store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them!