Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very tasty, crisp, semi-sweet blond cookie. Perfect for all those peanut and chocolate lovers out there! =) If desired substitute m&m's for the chopped chocolate (e.g. for kid's birthday parties).
- 125 g butter
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- 110 g sugar
- 100 g milk chocolate with peanuts, pieces
- 1 egg (beaten lightly)
- 150 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 g unsalted peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Using a wooden spoon cream butter and peanut butter in a big bowl until completely blended.
- Add sugar and blend in well. Then add the egg.
- Sift baking powder, flour and salt and add to the mixture.
- Chop peanuts and chocolate and add as well.
- Work into a soft dough, wrap in cling film and deep freeze for 10 minutes.
- Form 15 big cookies, place them onto a paper-lined/greased baking sheet and flatten lightly.
- Bake for approximately 15 mins until golden brown.
Wonderful cookies, as usual, Loula! I totally forgot to put the dough in the freezer, but it didn't seem to cause any problem - they still turned out fantastic! I used milk chocolate chips because I didn't have the chocolate called for. I also added a bit of vanilla paste but that was because I got this recipe confused with the other one of yours I was considering - was a great addition, though! Thanks so much for a great recipe! Recipenapped for Veg*n Swap 22.
These cookies are so awesome tasting Lou. I understand that the milk chocolate you're speaking of is a candy bar with nuts, but I opted (with permission) to use peanut M&M's. I did chop them a bit along with some regular salted peanuts. I did leave out the pinch of salt. I should mention that my p.b. was the smooth variety also. Wowzer..are these ever good. Light and crispy!~ Made for Veg-n-Swap.