I found this in a UK supermarket magazine. These are frequently requested at my house. Makes a lovely brown cookie, with peanut chunks.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add the beaten egg and beat well.
- Melt the chocolate. Either in the microwave (careful it burns VERY easily) or in a large bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and stir till even.
- Slowly add the flour, being sure the dough is evenly mixed.
- I generally use my hand to roll the dough into one inch balls which I then press onto the tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then leave to cool another 5. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to harden.