Recipe by Houmous Monster
I found this in a UK supermarket magazine. These are frequently requested at my house. Makes a lovely brown cookie, with peanut chunks.
Top Review by Summerwine
I wasn’t too sure about this at first. No baking powder, baking soda, vanilla? Turns out this was a fantastic chocolate cookie! I don’t eat sweets often and I even had to have some of these. I only had smooth peanut butter so I chopped up some peanuts for a substitute. I did miss where it stated to flatten them after rolling them into a ball and I baked them in the ball form. They were crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle – just right! I think if I do flatten them next time I will shorten the baking time because these were done perfectly being plump as they were. Thanks for posting this Kate.
- 100 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 115 g crunchy peanut butter
- 75 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 115 g self-raising flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line two trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter.
- Add the beaten egg and beat well.
- Melt the chocolate. Either in the microwave (careful it burns VERY easily) or in a large bowl over a simmering pan of water.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture and stir till even.
- Slowly add the flour, being sure the dough is evenly mixed.
- I generally use my hand to roll the dough into one inch balls which I then press onto the tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then leave to cool another 5. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to harden.