Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted something above and beyond the always delicious rice krispies treats, so I put a twist on the original recipe.
- 3 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In large saucepan melt butter over medium low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Peanut Butter until melted.
- Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated. Add the chocolate chunks, stir until dispersed evenly.
- Using buttered hands, spatula, wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray or butter. Cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.
I hate to give this only three stars as the flavour was good, but I found it to be really dry and hard to mix. I also liked the two layered look of the photo and followed the instructions of the previous reviewer. It just didn't turn out like I hoped.
Although the photo 'hinted' at the possibility, & although I did follow the list of ingredients, I made a couple of changes in the preparation of this recipe! After fixing the basic part of the rice krispies, I divided that in half, mixing some chunky peanut butter into one half while combining the other half with the chocolate! The PB mix was pressed into the bottom of the pan & that was topped with the chocolate part! Presentation, more than anything else, but effective, I thought! Another idea for the next time around ~ Put the chocolate part on the bottom & then, after the PB mixture has been presses on top of that, sprinkle a small amount of chocolate chips on top & press them into the PB layer! Anyway, thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]