Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
These are impossible to stop eating.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips or 6 ounces bittersweet semisweet chocolate chunks
- Cream the butter and peanut butter together until fully incorporated.
- Add the sugars and cream on medium speed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mix until no white remains, then add the chocolate and mix on low just until everything comes together.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes or until golden brown.
This has to be the best cookie recipe I have ever made. Never have cookies so perfect come out of my oven! They sounded fabulous, so I doubled the recipe right from the start...good thing too! Everyone here loves them! They just melt in your mouth. They did take a little longer than 9 minutes to bake, about 13 minutes for each sheet. The doubled recipe made over 70 cookies for me. I wonder how long they'll last? At this rate, they won't even see morning. Thanks for a fabulous recipe, PetitFour! :)
I didn't use chunky peanut butter in these, I used Jiff creamy. I also only had a 4-ounce bar of Ghiradhelli chocolate, so used some semi-sweet chips to replace the other 2 ounces. The recipe didn't say where exactly to add the baking soda: I put mine in with the flour. My 30 cookies baked in about 11 minutes. I would recommend that you let these sit for a minute or two after coming out of the oven, so that they firm up enough to slide off of the baking sheets. What did they taste like? She doesn't say 'these are impossible to stop eating' for no reason. And I don't even really care for pb in my baked goods. These are truly superb!
Let me say that it is hard for me to stop eating these long enough to write this review. These are so easy to make and even easier to eat. I took Canarygirls advise and doubled the recipe. Made these for my dad's birthday, but Idon't know if there'll be any left for him. Thanks for the great recipe.