Recipe by *Parsley*
Great for classroom treats, bake sales, etc. Quick and easy to make. Do NOT use reduced-fat peanut butter. Recipe comes from Nestlé.
Top Review by ChelseaW
These are so yummy. I like them even better than peanut butter cookies. I would recommend taking them out before they look golden brown if you like them chewy because they get crispier while they cool. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter or 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Press into ungreased 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.