Recipe by Manami
This is a combination of recipes for different tastes and types of cooking, and here it is!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
When I saw this I had to try it right away! It's a great recipe with a wonderful taste, but I would have prefered it to rise a little more, I found it to be a little heavy and dense, I think I will add in 1/2 teaspoon baking powder along with the baking soda next time I make it, I increased the brown sugar to 1 cup, and also increased the vanilla to 1 tablespoon. Thanks Di!...Kitten:)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (necessary)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Sift together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine next 3 ingredients and another bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Combine bananas with lemon juice, & vanilla extract and fold into batter.
- Fold chocolate chips into batter, as well.
- Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on rack 10 minutes and invert onto rack to cool completely.