1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a combination of recipes for different tastes and types of cooking, and here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (necessary)
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- 3Sift together first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Combine next 3 ingredients and another bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- 7Combine bananas with lemon juice, & vanilla extract and fold into batter.
- 8Fold chocolate chips into batter, as well.
- 9Transfer batter to loaf pan and bake in the middle of the oven.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- 11Cool bread in pan on rack 10 minutes and invert onto rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chips Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 323.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 9.3 g