Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the Bell Plantation website (they make PB2 powdered peanut butter which is only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!). These are delicious low fat cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup pb 2 powdered peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons applesauce, no added sugar
- 4 tablespoons egg whites (I use Egg Beaters Egg Whites)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons whipped butter (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or splenda)
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (heaping)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine PB2 powder with applesauce, egg white and vanilla - blend thoroughly with wire whisk or electric mixer. Add butter, brown sugar and sugar - mix until well combined.
- Next, add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until blended and then add oats, mixing well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter onto sheet in equally sized and evenly spaced mounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes - test for doneness with a toothpick.
- When done, remove from oven and cool for 1 minute before transferring from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before serving.