landlocked #2's Note:
I found this recipe on the Bell Plantation website (they make PB2 powdered peanut butter which is only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons!). These are delicious low fat cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pb 2 powdered peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons applesauce, no added sugar
- 4 tablespoons egg whites (I use Egg Beaters Egg Whites)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons whipped butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 4 tablespoons sugar (or splenda)
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (heaping)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In medium bowl, combine PB2 powder with applesauce, egg white and vanilla - blend thoroughly with wire whisk or electric mixer. Add butter, brown sugar and sugar - mix until well combined.
- 3Next, add flour, baking powder and salt.
- 4Stir until blended and then add oats, mixing well.
- 5Add chocolate chips.
- 6Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 7Spoon batter onto sheet in equally sized and evenly spaced mounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes - test for doneness with a toothpick.
- 8When done, remove from oven and cool for 1 minute before transferring from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 83.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered peanut butter