Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is our favourite Peanut Butter muffin recipe, (having tried a few). The balance of flavours is just right, they're not too heavy and very moreish. That said I deliberately make just six at a time! However should you want to bake a full batch this recipe doubles with equal success.
- Preheat oven to 350/gas 4.
- Measure flour using the spoon (not scoop) method.
- Into a medium sized bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a small jug mix vanilla extract and milk, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix melted butter with peanut butter followed by sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- With a fork, whisk egg until lightly beaten and in two steps pour into butter/sugar mixing to combine.
- Next in three steps start to add the flour alternating with the milk (flour, milk, flour, milk, ending with flour).
- Finally fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tin and bake for 20-23 minutes.
These were really good! Not too sweet but just enough, when you want something kinda sweet. You were right about only making six at a time. With a glass of milk, and right out of the oven these dissappeared within hours. Thanks!
I have been making these for my children for 2 years now and they absolutely love them. They beg for them on Saturday mornings! I usually make them with freshly milled flour, and we think they are perfect in both taste and texture. Previously, PB muffins were never my favorite, having tried many recipes and never having been won over--but now I am hooked! These muffins are a staple for my family now. Thanks for an awesome recipe!
These are ok. A little bit dry for my tastes.