Recipe by Fili Eve
This is our favourite Peanut Butter muffin recipe, (having tried a few). The balance of flavours is just right, they're not too heavy and very moreish. That said I deliberately make just six at a time! However should you want to bake a full batch this recipe doubles with equal success.
Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
So delicious! I needed to bake mine a bit longer. Thought they were done with a toothpick test, but ended up falling in the center as they started cooling.
- 3⁄4 cup flour (96g)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter, i use half crunchy half smooth (86g)
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350/gas 4.
- Measure flour using the spoon (not scoop) method.
- Into a medium sized bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a small jug mix vanilla extract and milk, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix melted butter with peanut butter followed by sugar, beat until light and fluffy.
- With a fork, whisk egg until lightly beaten and in two steps pour into butter/sugar mixing to combine.
- Next in three steps start to add the flour alternating with the milk (flour, milk, flour, milk, ending with flour).
- Finally fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tin and bake for 20-23 minutes.