PERFECT for snacking, breakfast on the go, school lunches, preschool snacks...and don't forget a big cold glass of milk to wash them down!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk, at room temperature (I use 1%)
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I usually use canola)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Lightly butter 24 1 3/4-by-3/4-inch (1 ounce) miniature muffin cups.
- I just spray with non-stick spray.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together milk, peanut butter, oil, egg and vanilla extract until blended.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Add the mini chocolate chips (I've also used the regular sized ones).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.
- Place muffin tin on wire rack and cool for five minutes before removing muffins.
- Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature.