Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Health Magazine Posting for safe keeping Times are approximate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Combine first 6 ingredients (sugar through salt) in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 234°, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla; stir until peanut butter melts.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cool for 1 hour. Cut into squares.
I'm writing this review without a rating because I think I must have done something wrong (after reading the other reviews). This fudge did NOT set up for me - it was still runny after a couple of hours in the refrigerator. I'll let it sit overnight to see if it comes together, but I'm not hopeful. I thought I was careful to follow the recipe exactly, but it didn't turn out for me at all. Made for Photo Tag.
YUMMY! DH loved this! I have been cooking for a bake sale, and he has seen all the goodies go out the door... :( so... as a treat I made this for him! He ate a few pieces, and with a big smile said "Put this in my favorites, and give the chef 10 stars!" Wicked, thank you for making my DH a happy man today! Made for 1.2.3 Hits
Very tasty. The kids loved this extremely well. I did leave the salt out though. There is a quick story to this. Yesterday we went to Amish Acres, in Indiana, where they make there own peanut butter, so I decided to try it. It is still as flavorful as I think the natural peanut butter would have worked. There peanut butter melts reather quickly. I will also try with natural peanut butter. Made for New Zaar Tag.