Recipe by emilynye
A recipe I found in one of my grandmother's old church cookbooks.
Top Review by Cajun Kitchen
These are great. I like a very peanut-buttery taste, and these do it. I added 1 tsp. vanilla and doubled the amount of chocolate chips. I made it in a casserole dish and cut them into squares. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix sugars, margarine, and peanut butter together.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix until just blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again (I continue to use my electric mixer, and it doesn't mess it up).
- •Option #1: Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- •Option #2: Divide in half and place in two 9 inch pie pans. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden on top.