Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe I found in one of my grandmother's old church cookbooks.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix sugars, margarine, and peanut butter together.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add flour and baking soda, mix until just blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again (I continue to use my electric mixer, and it doesn't mess it up).
- •Option #1: Drop from a teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- •Option #2: Divide in half and place in two 9 inch pie pans. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden on top.
These are great. I like a very peanut-buttery taste, and these do it. I added 1 tsp. vanilla and doubled the amount of chocolate chips. I made it in a casserole dish and cut them into squares. Thanks for the recipe!
Just made this cookie cake on a pizza pan. I put a silpat under it, and baked it 30 minutes at 350. Came out great!
My childhood friend and I recently re-connected and we wanted to make a peanut butter cookie for Xmas. We picked this one and I must say this is the favorite cookie of the day and a sure crowd pleaser. When you try this I am sure you will rate it as 5 *'s too. Don;t overlook this recipe it's The Bomb! Thanks a million we had fun making the cookie but more fun eating them and remembering what it was like to be a kid!