Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great - nay - better made vegan. I usually only cook 10 or so of these and freeze the rest to cook later... or, more likely, eat in cookie dough form. I roll the rest into logs and freeze them in plastic wrap. It never lasts long.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F (180 C).
- In one bowl mix the butter, sugars, extracts, water and eggs.
- In second bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Sift contents of bowl 2 into bowl one slowly and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips (and almonds if using them) and mix through.
- Form into 1.5" balls.
- Arrange balls onto a buttered/floured (or non stick) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
These cookies are a culinary triumph! Bravo!
These are very tasty. I am baking the second batch right now. Between my boyfriend and I, they will be gone by tomorrow night!
These are quite delicious.