Recipe by qotw13
I made these a ton last summer, when I was living by myself. They can be made either as traditional cookies or a bar cookie, and they freeze really well. I like to eat them after they've sat out of the freezer for about ten minutes.
Top Review by PrimQuilter
I had such high hopes for these cookies. I made as posted, but after 14 mins of baking, I took them out, let them sit on the pan but they still aren't cooked all the way through. I made this in my stand mixer, but it could easily be mixed up in a bowl. Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Game 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In medium bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into peanut butter mix.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.