Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A great birthday cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Mix in the peanut butter, sour cream, cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Mix two-thirds of the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Optional-- After cake cools completely, splatter chocolate glaze on top. You can make a glaze by combining cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and milk.
Nice cake. I had never had a peanut butter chocolate chip cake before and we liked it. I think I added too much glaze as it was very, very sweet after adding it. I was not sure what kind of cake pan to use but a 9x13 worked just fine. For the glaze I used butter, coffee and chocolate chips that may be why it was so sweet. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014