Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is like the Baker's Breakfast Cookie.
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 tablespoons applesauce (may need more) or 2 -3 tablespoons prune butter (may need more)
- 3 -4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place wet ingredients in a plastic cup, whip until fluffy.
- Fold into dry ingredients.
- Spray hands before forming each cookie.
- Place on cookie sheet, leave room in between each one.
- Cook 7-8 minutes for soft cookies, 10 for chewy.
- Let cool, removed from pan on cookie sheets.
- Place in tupperware, wax paper in between cookies when cool.
These made for a nice breakfast for transporting in the car. I will make these again but like another reviewer I will make them smaller. Made for Comfort Cafe - Winter 2010.
Love this!!!!! I actually add a few scoops of super kidz food (whole foods) to this in order to give some veggies!!!!
Husband loved these cookies before work. However, my two year old not as happy with them.