Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a real kid friendly recipe--not to shabby for the grownups either 8). Recipe can be used to make mini-muffins or mini-loaves.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butters and brown sugar; beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in buttermilk. Beat mixture until it is combined well; add flour mixture.
- Beat batter just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among 5 buttered and floured loaf pans, 5 3/4x3 1/4x 2 inches.
- Bake in middle of oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove breads from pans; let them cool right sides up on wire rack.
- Keep bread wrapped well in plastic wrap and foil, chilled 1 week or freeze 1 month.
This was very very good. I did use creamy peanut butter. Will be making again
What is not to like about peanut butter and chocolate. I made 2 loaves and 24 cupcakes. Deliciousl I froze a loaf and 12 cupcakes for the weekend if they last that long. I did not have buttermilk but used the substitute of milk andlemon juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes and it was ready to go. For the minimal amount of work this is, I can make monthly. Next time I will add in nuts or raisins witht he chips. YUM.
Made these last night and everyone raved about them. I love things with buttermilk in them as they always turn out very moist. I started out making mini muffins. I made two dozen mini ones then got tired and finished the rest of the batter as 12 regular sized muffins. I just made sure I kept an eye on them while baking as I was not sure how much time to allow. Will definitely made again. These would be great for a bake sale or to take in to school as a treat. Thanks for the recipe!