Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light Message Boards.
Make and share this Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl combine mashed bananas, milk, peanut butter, vanilla and egg. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
I tried this simply because I had all the ingredients. I also liked the fact that it doesnt have extra added fat, just peanut butter. It was amazing! I used mini semi sweet chips and they tasted good. Make sure to really mix the wet ingredients well, it might turn out goooy if not. I used the calculator to halve the recipe. It said to use 1/2 an egg, which I did not, I used a whole egg.
I followed this recipe to the T and the peanut butter or bananas didn't stand out. Also, it did not rise hardly at all. I wonder if the measurement of the baking powder was wrong and/or if there should have been baking soda included in the recipe. It was alright but not great at all.
Very good! I was looking for a quick bread that would feed a crowd. This fit the bill! It has a really nice flavor - banana and peanut butter flavors were subtle and not too sweet, and the chocolate chips were a nice addition. Especially nice in that it is fairly healthy too!