Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This has all of your cravings is one bite! A great way to use up your bananas but with an ultra rich taste! The first filled banana bread I have come across, makes great mini muffins for bite sized snacking! Make sure you have a cold glass of milk nearby for this one!
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, 1 stick at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray three 4x8 loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, Crisco and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture.
- Add bananas and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour half of the batter into the three pans. Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter per pan, evenly distributing over the top of the batter. Top with remaining batter and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool in pans on wire racks for 15 minutes before removing. Then cool completely on wire racks.
Wow! This is absolutely delicious! I modified only slightly by replacing the 1/4C Crisco with unsweetened applesauce. To make the peanut butter easier to spread across the batter, I heated it in the microwave for 20 seconds first. Super easy! Great recipe. A keeper, for sure. Thanks for posting!
This is really YUMMY!