Recipe by CindiJ
To help settle the craving for chocolate cake and a famous peanut butter candy. It's very good!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (creamy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar (you may need almost 3 cups)
- 2 -3 tablespoons heavy cream, if needed (Half 'n Half can be substituted)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl whip together the Crisco and butter for 7 minutes on high until completely blended and light and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder and peanut butter, beat for for another 7 minutes on high, scrape bowl often.
- Add vanilla and beat for another 7 minutes.
- Add the confectioner's sugar and beat for another 7 minutes.
- The frosting should be light and fluffy and hold its shape well. If needed add more confectioner's sugar or if too dry and stiff, add a tablespoon of cream as needed to get the consistency you need.
- This is enough frosting to frost 1 9x13 cake, 24 cupcakes or 2 - 9-inch round layered cake.