Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
the ultimate in chocolate decadence. I've used pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts as well as macadamia nuts in this.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
For Peanut Butter Cream
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For Chocolate:.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add beaten eggs, mix well.
- Add cocoa powder. when well mixed fold in flour to form stiff dough.
- Fold in nuts and white chocolate chips.
- For Peanut Butter:.
- In medium bowl, cream butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt.
- Add beaten eggs. When well mixed add peanut butter and mix well.
- Fold in flour to make a stiff dough.
- In a 9x13 pan layer 1/2 of chocolate evenly in bottom of pan.
- Spoon peanut butter cream on top of chocolate in several places around the pan. smooth with spatula trying to cover all the chocolate.
- Spoon rest of chocolate on top of peanut butter in several places around pan. Smooth with spatula trying to cover all the peanut butter.
- Bake @ 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you like a gooey brownie stop baking when tooth pick comes out a little dirty but not wet.
- I cut my pan 4 rows by 3 rows, yielding 12 pieces.
Although I did follow the recipe right on down, I used some extra chunky peanut butter AND, since these were outrageously sweet (that from someone with a huge sweet tooth!), I cut them so I had 16 brownies! Really enjoyed the PB & chocolate combo! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]