Recipe by deenie169
A reliable combination in a quick, tasty brownie. This comes from Loretta Eenhuis, Omaha NE by way of the Roberts Dairy cookbook that was published in the early 70s. If you can score a copy of it, by all means do so! It's packed with practical, delicious & easy (if dairy-laden) dishes!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter (Roberts Dairy, of course, if you can get it)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use the mini ones)
- 1 cup salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Grease and flour a 15x10x1" pan.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla & eggs until well-blended.
- Gradually add sifted dry ingredients, mix till smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips & peanuts.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into 2" squares while still warm (but not right after these come out of the oven.).