Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe a few years ago. I don't remember where, but they are delicious! You can put sprinkles on them for fun, if you like. My kids love these!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips or 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of the morsels.
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on sides.
- Pour remaining morsels over top of bars.
- Let stand 5 minutes until morsels are glistening.
- Spread the melted morsels evenly over the top.
- (If you are using semisweet morsels, sprinkle some granulated sugar over the chocolate.) Put sprinkles on, if desired.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
Simple to put together and disappeared really fast! I made these bars for a going away party at my office on 1/23/08. As with anything PB and C, it was hard to keep DH out of them when they came out of the oven, and he was happy to eat the leftovers I brought back home. These will be a frequent go-to cookie recipe I know.