Recipe by ChipotleChick
I got this recipe a few years ago. I don't remember where, but they are delicious! You can put sprinkles on them for fun, if you like. My kids love these!
Top Review by ReeLani
Simple to put together and disappeared really fast! I made these bars for a going away party at my office on 1/23/08. As with anything PB and C, it was hard to keep DH out of them when they came out of the oven, and he was happy to eat the leftovers I brought back home. These will be a frequent go-to cookie recipe I know.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips or 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and salt.
- Stir in 1 cup of the morsels.
- Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on sides.
- Pour remaining morsels over top of bars.
- Let stand 5 minutes until morsels are glistening.
- Spread the melted morsels evenly over the top.
- (If you are using semisweet morsels, sprinkle some granulated sugar over the chocolate.) Put sprinkles on, if desired.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.