Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great lunchbox snack or holiday treat, with 20% less calories than the traditional recipe. This recipe comes from calorieking.com. I haven't made them yet but they sound wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup Equal sugar substitute or 24 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, Equal® and brown sugar until well combined.
- Stir in milk, peanut butter, egg and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually mix in combined flour, oats, baking soda and salt until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread mixture evenly in well-sprayed 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares; store in airtight container at room temperature.