Recipe by lmc69101
My family loves this recipe. I found it in a Kraft food & family book. I will give the original recipe here. I have made a few changes for our family such as I like Reeses peanut butter and I use Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips if I don't have the bakers chocolate. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. Shortcut: You can substitute a prepared Nilla Pie Crust for the Nilla wafers and butter. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
- 35 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium bananas, halved lengthwise, quartered
- 2 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons planters cocktail peanuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended; press firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 5 to 8 minute or until golden brown. Cool completely; top with bananas.
- Make chocolate curls from 1/2 square of the chocolate; reserve for garnish.
- Microwave remaining chocolate and the peanut butter on HIGH 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Drizzle over bananas; set aside.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread over bannans; top with the remaining 1 cup whipped topping.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Top with chocolate curls and peanuts just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.