3 hrs 30 mins
My family loves this recipe. I found it in a Kraft food & family book. I will give the original recipe here. I have made a few changes for our family such as I like Reeses peanut butter and I use Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips if I don't have the bakers chocolate. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do. Shortcut: You can substitute a prepared Nilla Pie Crust for the Nilla wafers and butter. Cooking time is actually refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 35 vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium bananas, halved lengthwise, quartered
- 2 (1 ounce) baker's semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, divided
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping, divided
- 2 tablespoons planters cocktail peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended; press firmly onto bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Bake 5 to 8 minute or until golden brown. Cool completely; top with bananas.
- 4Make chocolate curls from 1/2 square of the chocolate; reserve for garnish.
- 5Microwave remaining chocolate and the peanut butter on HIGH 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Drizzle over bananas; set aside.
- 6Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minute or until well blended. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread over bannans; top with the remaining 1 cup whipped topping.
- 7Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Top with chocolate curls and peanuts just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter-Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.2
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.8 mg
- Sodium 598.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 32.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g