Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 2⁄3 cups reese's peanut butter chips, divided
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together flour, sugar and baking powder; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in beaten egg until blended.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Stir jelly to soften; spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle 1 cup peanut butter chips over jelly. Stir remaining 2/3 cup chips into reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 16 bars.
I have made this slice before and we really liked it. Glad you posted it.