Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good, more like candy than a square.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Chip Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 11 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups medium coconut
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Bottom Layer: Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Stir in graham crumbs, sugar, and flour.
- Press in ungreased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Second Layer: Stir condensed milk with coconut.
- Do this just before spreading so coconut doesn't have time to soak up milk which makes it more difficult to spread.
- Spread over first layer.
- Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes or until it shows signs of browning lightly.
- Top Layer: Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring often.
- Spread over second layer.
Tried this recipe out of a Company's Coming cookbook last night and we all loved it! I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, so I was tempted to leave it out, but it really was delicious ~ and a big hit with our guests, too! (especially the kids!)