Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my sister's copy of a Hershey's cookbook. This makes a yummy gift; or try some of it broken up over ice creams and frosted cakes and cookies. *Prep time is cook time.*
- 1 (10 ounce) package peanut butter chips, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- Butter a 15x10x1" jelly-roll pan; for thicker brittle, use a 13x9" pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the peanut butter chips evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan; stir in the sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches 300*F.
- on a candy thermometer.
- (This should take about 30-35 minutes--the bulb of the thermometer should not rest on the bottom of the saucepan.) Remove pan from heat; immediately spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining peanut butter chips; cool completely.
- Remove brittle from the pan; break into pieces, large or small.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.