Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like peanut butter cups-you will love these. This recipe was in Penzeys One.
- 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml powdered ginger
- 473.18 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix together the peanut butter and butter.
- Add the the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and ginger.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter. Don't mix too much.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Do not over bake!
- Cool before cutting.
Made for Easter Egg Hunt Tag. If I could give these more than 5 stars I would. They are so rich and so good (what with 2 cups of brown sugar, a cup of peanut butter, 1 stick of butter and chocolate chips ~ what else can I say???). Fed my son and four of his college friends for dinner tonight and these were for dessert ~ I doubt that there are any left. Thanks for posting this Rose. These will be made often!