Recipe by greysangel
This is a variation on a recipe I found here. I changed it quite a bit so instead of posting a review with changes, I thought I would repost as I loved this version!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
A very tasty and different chicken dish. The flavors came together really well and the chicken was tender and delicious. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup, March, 2014.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) canchopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat and place chicken in pan browning on both sides approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and cover in order to cook down the onions and braise the chicken, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine peanut butter, coriander, red pepper, tomatoes and salsa.
- Add to skillet and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, sauce is thickened and flavors combined, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Pairs nicely with brown rice or roasted sweet potato.