Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation on a recipe I found here. I changed it quite a bit so instead of posting a review with changes, I thought I would repost as I loved this version!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) canchopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat and place chicken in pan browning on both sides approximately 3 minutes on each side.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet and cover in order to cook down the onions and braise the chicken, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine peanut butter, coriander, red pepper, tomatoes and salsa.
- Add to skillet and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through, sauce is thickened and flavors combined, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Pairs nicely with brown rice or roasted sweet potato.
A very tasty and different chicken dish. The flavors came together really well and the chicken was tender and delicious. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup, March, 2014.
This sounds wild and out there for chicken but very good! I will be making this tonight and will add my review. Wow! Thanks for a new way to cook chicken!
***This was divine! The texture was almost like the peanut butter was smeared on the chicken. I can't think of adequate words to describe how good it was. 2 of our 3 picky eaters gobbled it up! Thank you!