1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
1 hr 15 mins
Tried this recipe several years ago and fell in love with it. One of those great summer grilling recipes. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 wooden skewers (10-inch)
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 green onions
- 1Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, combine the next nine ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 3Pour mixture into a large plastic resealable bag.
- 4Cut chicken into 1-inch strips; add to bag.
- 5Close bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 6Trim tops off onions and cut in half.
- 7Thread one piece of onion on each skewer.
- 8Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- 9Thread 2-3 pieces of chicken on each skewer and end with onion.
- 10Grill, uncovered, turn every 3-5 minutes for 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 888.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar