Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tried this recipe several years ago and fell in love with it. One of those great summer grilling recipes. Hope you enjoy.
- 12 wooden skewers (10-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 12 green onions
- Soak skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the next nine ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a large plastic resealable bag.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch strips; add to bag.
- Close bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Trim tops off onions and cut in half.
- Thread one piece of onion on each skewer.
- Drain chicken, discard marinade.
- Thread 2-3 pieces of chicken on each skewer and end with onion.
- Grill, uncovered, turn every 3-5 minutes for 15-20 minutes.
Wonderful flavor! I ended up baking these in the oven as my grill was out of propane. They were very tasty! Will definately make again. I prepared this as a OAMC recipe and froze the chicken strips in the sauce. Then thawed in the fridge and baked instead of grilling. It took about 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees. Thanks for sharing!
We liked these quite a bit. Very flavorful, slightly tangy. I used freshly minced ginger, and omitted the green onions (I'm the only one that will eat them). I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and baked the skewers instead of grilling them. I will make these again and grill them this time to see which way makes the dish taste the best.
Excellent! This definitely goes in the family recipe book! Thank you; easy and delicious. The only difference in my preparation is that I used one teaspoon of chili pasteinstead of the pepper flakes or chili powder. Oh, and I omitted the green onions since none off the kids like them.