Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't eaten meat for the past 10 years, but when I did this was one of my favorite salads. It works great with leftover fried chicken from KFC night...just peel the skin off and use the white meat. NOTE: preparation time does not include chilling time of 24 hours.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 chopped peanuts
- 3 kg cooked boneless chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) canschopped pineapple, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained well
- in a large pan, heat soy sauce, water, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, heat over low heat while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and peanuts, cook over low heat until mixture is smooth.
- Brush chicken breasts with sauce generously and bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool the chicken, and chop into small bite size pieces.
- Mix chicken, pineapple and water chestnuts in large bowl.
- Pour remaining sauce over ingredients, and mix well.
- Chill over night, and serve.