Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Wow. I don't know if I should have made this because it's hard to stop eating. It's so delicious--sweet and salty and creamy and crunchy and peanut butter and chocolate. Recipe courtesy of Lois Brooks of Newark,Delaware and Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 40 ounces cream cheese (5 packages, softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 10 inch spring form pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs and beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips.
- Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter, and sugar and spread over filling.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan and loosen.
- Cool 1 hour longer and remove sides of pan. Refrigerate overnight.
This is my go-to recipe for PB cheesecake! Glad I have it here so I can access it when I'm cooking away from home. This is one of the few that has enough PB taste to suit me.