Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A rich chocolately treat that you can share with your guests. I tried to lighten it up a bit for you! With the maraschino cherries on top, it looks like a very special dessert. This is from Kraft. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 lb) package brownie mix (if you can't find this size, just make extra brownies with the surplus!)
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup light whipped topping, thawed (I prefer real whipped cream)
- 12 maraschino cherries, with stems if you can
- Heat oven to 350°F Prepare brownie batter as directed on package. Spoon into 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar with mixer until blended. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoons into centre of batter in each cup, pressing lightly into batter. Bake 25 minutes or until centres are set. Cool.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and cherries.
Yummy, yummy, yummy! I typically make these as mini muffins, which is what is shown in my photos. That way they are really just brownie bites and nice for picnics or buffets, when everyone may want to sample just a little of several desserts. If making for a picnic I skip the topping, but it does look nice if you can keep them chilled until serving or top just before serving. To make them minis I use my Pampered Chef Mini Muffin Pan. You don't need as much of the filling, so what I do is use 1 (19-21oz.) pkg brownie mix for the brownie part and for the filling I use; 4 oz. cream cheese, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 egg, 1/4 c. peanut butter, and 1/4 tsp. vanilla. When filling the brownies I use a dollop of about 1/2 tsp. I get about 5 dozen brownie bites this way. There is usually still some leftover filling so I just scoop that in muffin cups to and bake off also.
These are so moist and wonderful. I brought them to work and everyone raved!
Very rich and delicious. I've made these 4-5 times over the years, most recently as a birthday dessert.