Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had some cookies leftover from Soft and Fudgy Peanut Butter Cookies (Thanks Marg :) I crumbled a few of the cookies to use for the base. Any type of chocolate cookie could be used for the base. (This is what I happened to have on hand). I also combined Peanut Butter Pie with Quick Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars (Thanks jglad :) and this is what I came up with. Chill overnight for best flavor. Chill time isn't included in cook time. Submitted to "ZAAR" on December 30th, 2007.
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs with melted margarine, press into a 2 quart rectangle baking dish that has been sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
- While crust is cooling,mix together cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Pour over crust, Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs on top of cheesecake and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Cut in 12 squares; chill for at least four hours.