Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a cookbook given to me for my wedding. It sounds great,especially for diabetics who need more fiber and whole grains in their diet. You can use all Wheaties if you want, or even all corn flakes too. You can also use chunky peanut butter for peanut pieces in the muffins.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 1 cup wheat flakes cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Peheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Or you can also use muffin liners.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cereal and the milk and allow to sit for about 1-2 minutes and the cereal is softened. Stir in the peanut butter and the egg and mix until well combined. Add the raisins and stir well.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just mixed. Using an ice cream scoop, pour the batter into the muffin pan evenly among them all, nearly filling each muffin spot.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes and golden brown. Remove the muffins immedietly from the pan. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm.