Recipe by Safari Time
Nutritious, easy, no bake, quick peanut butter/cereal snack that your kids (and you!) will gobble up. Great as a take along.
Top Review by luvinmykids
I made some cereal bars that was almost exactly like this, and it turned out a hard, too crunchy chunk of junk. Not even I could bite into a piece without almost breaking a tooth.
- 6 cups cereal, mixture (Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes and Honey Nut Cheerios work best)
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure cereal into large bowl. Set aside.
- Boil corn syrup in microwave. Add white sugar and stir well. Return to microwave and reheat until boiling.
- Add peanut butter to sugar/syrup mixture and stir well.
- Quickly pour peanut butter/syrup/sugar mixture into mixing bowl with cereal. Stir well (but fast!) and then transfer to a pan or baking sheet. *NOTE: This step, and the one following, must be done as quickly as possible because as the corn syrup cools the cereal mixture becomes harder to spread.*.
- Form mixture into one big rectangle about 3/4 inch thick. Cool in fridge for 1 hour.
- After its cooled the cereal rectangle may be cut into bars or squares. An alternative is to break the rectangle up by hand into pieces.
- Please note that cheerios should not make up more than 1/3rd of the mix as they absorb the corn syrup. If you need to use more cheerios (or other absorbent cereal) then add a bit more corn syrup.