Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe posted on the Vegan Fitness forums when I was searching for a recipe for homemade vegan Snickers. I adapted it to American measurements. Don't expect these to last long. Experiment with some of the add-ins (peanuts are great) and with the type of cereal (we prefer the Health Valley brand of rice chex and corn chex). They're also good with melted chocolate on the top.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup coconut flakes
- 4 cups corn flakes
- Crush cornflakes and mix with vanilla and coconut flakes in medium bowl.
- Mix sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in small pot, heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to boil.
- Pour caramel over cornflake mixture and stir to combine.
- Press into prepared mini muffin tins or pan for bars. Refrigerate until set.
These are tasty little treats! Sweet and chewy like a Snickers and a similar flavor. I made mine into walnut sized balls for a nice 2-bite treat. Next time I would add some mini chocolate chips or make them into bars and drizzle some melted chocolate on top. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2012