Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A yummy peanut butter bar! Lots of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. What is better than that?
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- 1⁄2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg and beat until no longer crumbly, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in by hand, the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Press into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch, caramel topping and peanut butter.
- Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil (about 25 minutes).
- Cook and stir for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly over warm crust and bake 6 to 7 minutes longer or until almost set.
- Cool completley on wire rack.
- Spread with frosting and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate (at least an hour) until well chilled before cutting into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
Rich & delicious!