Theresa P's Note:
A yummy peanut butter bar! Lots of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. What is better than that?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 20 miniature peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter and egg and beat until no longer crumbly, about 3 minutes.
- 2Stir in by hand, the chopped peanut butter cups.
- 3Press into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 18 to 22 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch, caramel topping and peanut butter.
- 6Cook over low heat until mixture comes to a boil (about 25 minutes).
- 7Cook and stir for 1 or 2 minutes longer.
- 8Remove from heat and stir in peanuts.
- 9Spread evenly over warm crust and bake 6 to 7 minutes longer or until almost set.
- 10Cool completley on wire rack.
- 11Spread with frosting and sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- 12Refrigerate (at least an hour) until well chilled before cutting into bars.
- 13Store in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Caramel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1951 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 244.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g