Top Review by Laura_Ozz
Thank you mliss29, for an awesome cookie recipe! I was looking through recipes using peanut butter when I found this one and it caught my eye. As it turns out, I was also needing a good cookie recipe to make for Halloween treats for our high school band. These fit the bill perfectly! They have great peanut butter flavor and the candy corn is not only delicious on top, but it looks so festive! They are super easy to mix up too. Also, thank you for the tip about using parchment or wax paper. I only had wax paper on hand so that's what I used and it made cleanup a snap! I will definitley be sharing this recipe and these delicious cookies with everyone!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use "natural" peanut butter)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup candy corn (approximately)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line cookie trays with parchment paper (or wax paper) in case some of the candy corn melt onto the trays.
- Cream the butter.
- Add peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix well.
- Using a teaspoon, make walnut-sized lumps of dough and place them 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined cookie trays.
- Bake 12 minutes, remove from oven, and quickly press about 5 candy corns into each cookie.
- Bake another 5 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.