Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I had a bag of peanut butter cookie mix in the pantry and wanted to do something different with it. . .and we wanted the "cookies" to be soft and moist and not crunchy. . .so a "bar" version seemed like the way to accomplish that. I found the recipe and whipped these up in minutes. So easy and so delicious. I topped mine with only about 1.5 cups of chocolate (no butterscotch) and used 3 broken hershey bars along with some leftover mini semi-chocolate chips. Excellent. Thank you!
- 496.11 g envelopebetty crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml water
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butterscotch chips on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Spread evenly over base.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.