Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
- 496.11 g envelopebetty crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml water
- 1 egg
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butterscotch chips on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
- Spread evenly over base.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
I had a bag of peanut butter cookie mix in the pantry and wanted to do something different with it. . .and we wanted the "cookies" to be soft and moist and not crunchy. . .so a "bar" version seemed like the way to accomplish that. I found the recipe and whipped these up in minutes. So easy and so delicious. I topped mine with only about 1.5 cups of chocolate (no butterscotch) and used 3 broken hershey bars along with some leftover mini semi-chocolate chips. Excellent. Thank you!
Yummy and so easy! Instead of butterscotch chips, I used red and green swirled white chocolate chips from Christmas. When they melted together they looked brown like regular chocolate. These bars got rave reviews for coffee hour at church. This recipe is just like the one on the back of the cookie mix, only they called for chocolate chips.